High School Scholarships
2018 Northern Arizona Healthcare Foundation Healthcare Career Scholarship
The Northern Arizona Healthcare Foundation Healthcare Career Scholarship
- One $1,000 scholarship offered in 2018 for Flagstaff area graduating high school seniors
- One $1,000 scholarship offered in 2018 for Verde Valley graduating high school seniors
The Freda & Neti Foundation Scholarship
- Five $1,000 scholarships offered in 2018 for Mingus Union High School graduating seniors
- Open date: Friday, March 9, 2018
- Application Deadline: Friday April 6, 2018 at 5:00 pm. Applications submitted after this time will not be accepted.
- Award Notification: Early May
- Award Ceremony: Wednesday May 9, 2018
- You are a 2018 graduating high school senior pursuing a career in healthcare.
- You must reside in the primary service areas of Flagstaff Medical Center or Verde Valley Medical Center.
- You are planning to attend an accredited institution of higher education.
- Funds can only be used for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Funds should be used only to cover the costs of academic-related expenses like course books or lab equipment.
- Only one scholarship per successful applicant will be awarded.
four Steps to Apply:
Please read carefully before completing and submitting your application.
- Write your essay, which must clearly answer the following:
- After a recent comprehensive assessment of health needs in northern Arizona, the Foundation determined its community health-related priorities for the coming years. These priorities are: access to healthcare, behavioral health/substance abuse, and chronic medical conditions.
- Choose one of these priorities and describe how your education will assist you to make an impact to the community in this area.
- To learn more about the assessment read, Advancing Wellbeing in Northern Arizona: A Regional Health Equity Assessment here. The report's executive summary provides an excellent overview of the findings.
- Your essay must follow these formatting instructions:
- A maximum of one page in length, typed and double-spaced
- 1 inch margin on all sides
- 11 or 12 point font
- No title or name at the top of the essay
- No identifying information included
- Save as a .pdf
- Submit a Registration Verification Form.
- Complete and sign the 2018 Northern Arizona Healthcare Foundation Healthcare Scholarship Application. Upload your essay and verification form.
Scholarships are awarded based on your essay which will be reviewed anonymously by a panel of judges. Selection criteria are based on the completeness and thoughtfulness of your response to the essay question.
Questions? Call Carol Fisk at the Northern Arizona Healthcare Foundation office at 928-773-2206 or email Carol.Fisk@NAHealth.com.